Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sammy's Been Busy...

So, I've kept a few lizards in a terrarium for a few months now. They're pretty fun. They scurry about in their tank, they eat crickets or mealworms, they make love, and they make it often. So clearly, they've been enjoyable pets(with the exception of "Charlie," a girl lizard that was never fun, that I let go long ago).
About a couple of months ago, I came across a slightly injured brown snake in the woods near my condo, so naturally I threw him in the mix too. Just last night, much like the night before when I decided to paint my bathroom, I decided they should all go back to the wild yonder. So, I caught the lizards first, Freddy and Danielle, and put them outside and watched them gleefully scamper off. And then it came to Sammy the snake... I move a rock to get a good handle on him to lift him to freedom when I saw them... Babies. Snake babies are all over the place! Turns out "Sammy" is really "Samantha" and she apparently got injured in some kinky reproductive kind of way. Who am I to judge? But there you have it. Short and sweet today. I've decided to keep the babies for a while to make sure they are big enough to introduce to the dangers of Auburn.

4 comments:

Dan said...

when you say freddy and danielle "scurried off" you really mean they feel twenty feet onto concrete.

Unknown said...

i'm an uncle!! or step-aunt...is it a boy or a girl?

John Keyes said...

I'm so happy for you...I just wanna know how you made love to a snake. Those babies are obviously yours. I mean...come on. Look at em.

Anonymous said...

Hold up - Baby Snakes in the Oasis!?!?! This is one bit of information I could have done without! Where will I sleep come football season???