Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Glock

Class is done for the fall and I somehow got through all my finals and lived to tell about it. I feel like my life is about huge obstacles that seem impossible and then seeing myself on the other side. And as a little reward/birthday present I recently made a purchase that I can't really afford.
It's a Glock model 22 which is the full-size .40 Caliber version. Why? you ask... I couldn't tell you. I've never been a big fan of guns(well, I mean all guys think that certain guns are badass...) or owning them or having them in your home, but something in my heart changed when I went to a firing range about a month or so ago with my lady-friend, Dana. We had the best time and I can't even describe it. There's just something about having a wildly powerful, yet controlled explosion go off in your hands. Whew. Let's face it, this since of strength and power that comes from firing a gun is intoxicating.
I've been driven to become an amazing marksman with a handgun. I'm pretty sure it's the challenge. I love a good challenge. When it comes to firearms, there's nothing harder than shooting a big handgun. Have you ever shot a handgun? The thing goes off with such power, it will kick your ass. All the while, you're trying to aim the projectile coming from it at a specific spot. It takes practice. Especially with a powerful one that will recoil with a lot of force.
If you're interested in finding out what it feels like, give me a call and you can come next time Dana and I go shoot(which will be often).


Nobody tell my mother...

2 comments:

Camille Platt said...

ha... we have the same gun - i can totally relate!

laura kelley said...

So.. when are you going to blog about how BA your sister is behind this gun? Haha! Still haven't gotten my pistol permit "go ahead" from Shelby Co. Should I be nervous? Background check = what?