Monday, August 1, 2011

First Long Run


This past Friday was the first long run on the plan. 6 miles. I did it at Veterans Park by Spain Park. It was the hardest run I've done to date. After a short water break at 2.81 miles, I had to decide in my mind that I would not stop again. It was extremely hard. When I saw I was about to click over to 5 miles on my nikeplus monitor, I decided that I needed to get pumped somehow. So, the next runner that I passed on the trail (45 year old woman) I turned to and screamed at her, "WE CAN DO THIS!!!" I thought it would be hilarious and that we would both laugh and be encouraged. Well, at least I laughed and was encouraged ... Then my dang phone died at 5.9 miles. Think I'm gonna put it in a little baggy, then put it in the armband next time. I "crosstrained" the next day at SnapFitness doing some weights/bike/elyptical.

No comments: