Saturday, June 7, 2008

A lot can happen in a year.

Today is the one year anniversary of the day I boarded a 747 on the way to Kenya. In blogs to come I will explain some of the things I learned in Kenya, but for today let’s just recap for a moment:

Flew to Africa

Spent a month in one of the largest slums in the world: Kibera

Spent a month in a small village in Kenya called, “Eburu”

Came home to Auburn

Interviewed for post-college jobs

Worked at Chick-fil-a making sandwiches

Worked at Wal-Mart DC as a slave to the Man

Purchased an engagement ring

Went to school for two full semesters

Set a date to be married

Proposed and became engaged

Went through pre-marital counseling

Did some wedding planning

Canceled the wedding date

Became a first-time buyer of a new vehicle

Started a pseudo-photography business

Put on a photography exhibit at Auburn City Fest

Graduated college with a double major

Re-enrolled in Auburn as an Engineering student

Broke up with my fiancé

Got sued for a traffic incident in Canada that happened three years ago

Started a Painting business desperately trying to pay for school

Decided to blog about my life.

Damn.

But, today, I realized something. If the sequence of events that have unfolded over the past year did nothing but work to highlight some of my weaknesses and give me a huge dose of humility, then praise the Lord. He is Faithful. I couldn't be more grateful for what He has taught me in a year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

happy anniversary. WHAT a year.
- Karli (aka korni) :)

John Keyes said...

How come you didn't put "Saw John Keyes" up there?
but seriously Im glad that I can just go on the net and see how your doing whenever I want now.
I love you,
John

Beloved said...

and there you have it.