Sunday, June 15, 2008

"You're lookin' good!"

Before you read this post, take a deep breath and hold on for a minute. While unbelievable, what follows is an actual event. Not even I could make this stuff up.

I walk out of the steam room in my towel in the locker room of my gym here in Auburn. I pick an empty shower, enter it, and shut the curtain behind me. Then, I proceed to take a shower like a normal guy in a shower would(naked at this point, of course). A middle-aged man I had made small talk in the steam room with walks by my shower and asked me if I was going back to the steam room. "No, I've had enough for today," I say over the sound of running water. The same man walks by again, this time he stops... peaks into my shower, says something incomprehensible, then proceeds into my shower and closes the curtain behind him. Looks at me and says, "I don't blame you, I can't concentrate in there with all those good looking guys." "Hmm... is that right?," I say confused and stunned at a portly gentleman that was now in my waters. "Is it ok if I grab a shower with you?," he says enthusiastically while coming at me all wide eyed weird looking. "No," I say. "You sure?," still working his way closer. "No man, I'm gettin' outta here." He then takes a step away from me before he turns around, stares me up and down(still naked) and says, "you're lookin good, man!" I gave him a WHAT THE HELL?!?!? look and he turned again barely holding up the small excuse for a towel that left little for the imagination. Before he opened the curtain back with his only free hand, he turned to look me up and down one more time and again said, "you're lookin' good." All I could think to say was, "You better watch out!," while I pointed toward the exit.

I now need a little more reassurance that I don't come off as someone who wants to be sexed up by a middle-aged man, please.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

aww lee. just take it as a compliment.... ;)


haha. don't even let it get to you. it makes for a great story though. oh humor, and how it shows up in everyday life.

John Keyes said...

i just got really uncomfortable.

Dan said...

would you describe this person as a "fuzzy little man peach"?


what are ya doin in my waters?

Ali Tanner said...

this made me laugh out loud as it sounds exactly how you would tell it in person. yes you do look like someone that a gay man would want to hit on. come to nashville soon